Providing labor support in Montgomery, Chester, Delaware, and portions of Berks Counties.
Why Hire a Doula?
When continuous labor support was provided by a doula, women experienced a:
- 31% decrease in the use of Pitocin*
- 28% decrease in the risk of C-section*
- 12% increase in the likelihood of a spontaneous vaginal birth*
- 9% decrease in the use of any medications for pain relief
- 14% decrease in the risk of newborns being admitted to a special care nursery
- 34% decrease in the risk of being dissatisfied with the birth experience*
For four of these outcomes,* results with a doula were better than all the other types of continuous support that were studied.
- Evidence Based Birth (http://evidencebasedbirth.com/the-evidence-for-doulas/)